I like games... and tattoos. Yes, those.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

WiiU. Actually this is more about ZombieU

So I was recently invited to the launch of the WiiU. I can't say that this is something that I thought would be amazing, not because the tech and press hasn't been great, but really, what else could they do that hasn't been thought of in one manner or another?

Boy was I wrong!



Whilst I'm probably not going to spend hours playing Animal Crossing or Luigi's Ghost Mansion (although it definitely was fun playing both at the launch) I want a WiiU for one game alone.

ZombiU.

Yes, that's right. I want to play a zombie game on the WiiU.

I never thought those words would come out of my um... hands...

First up - ZombiU trailer with awesome version of God Save The Queen...



The control system is intuitive, and the WiiU screen is like having something akin to a datapad, where you can access your inventory and scan the environment, as well as use the controls to aim and shoot.

Contrary to what we've come to expect from the Wii, the graphics of ZombiU are slick and well rendered, although since Nintendo is a little late to the party with regards to HD, I'm interested to see how well they'll stand up to the next gen of Playstations and XBoxes that are sure to hit the market in the coming years.

I can't really comment much on the storyline as I didn't get to play it for hours on end, but one thing that needs to be discussed is the process of dying and respawning.

As would be expected in a real Zombie Apocalypse, if you get killed by a zombie, you become a zombie. Yup. That's right - game over. Or so I was told by the Nintendo peeps.

If you die, you respawn as a different character and must track down your old character to get any loot you had collected previously.

I'm not quite certain how this is going to function in the finished game, but it's certainly an exciting concept!

Anyway, here's a little gameplay demo...



No comments:

Post a Comment