I like games... and tattoos. Yes, those.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

PAX Australia 2013

For some reason I missed this initial announcement (made in Feb!), but either way, I just discovered that the Penny Arcade Expo is going to Melbourne, Australia this year.


Why should you care you ask? Well maybe you don't. But I do. Apart from the fact that the Southern Hemisphere is getting some attention, Australia has a wonderful thriving gaming industry, one which is very close to my heart for a variety of completely personal reasons.

It was then with great excitement that I discovered that not only is the Penny Arcade Expo, or PAX as it is commonly known, making it's way to Melbourne in July 2013, but that one of the people influential in making this happen is in fact an old family friend, Tony Reed, now CEO of the Game Developers Association Australia.

Tony was one of the people who introduced me to games such as Out of This World (also known as Another World), while working at Interplay, and even more importantly, to the game that shaped my love of gaming - Tim Shafer's Full Throttle.

Out Of This World

It's an exciting prospect to find people who have been so influential in your own love of video games doing things on such a global scale.

Sadly it's unlikely I'll be able to attend PAX Australia this year, but if you have the cash and want to make a trip Down Under, you'll find both the mainstream and indie scene thriving, the people welcoming, and the excitement palpable. 

Full Throttle

No comments:

Post a Comment